We all love listicles, amiright? Well this particular listicle is our favorite because it gives an in-depth look at the Fintwit world and who is talking Alts on Twitterverse, segmented for easy reading (& tagged for easy following) .
We obviously have to put ourselves at the top of the list! (follow everyone using our Twitter list)
FinTwit/Alternative Investing People
- @Bespokeinvest – Bespoke Investment Group
- @plattsoil – Market commentary and analysis specific to oil price and oil markets.
- @patrickrooney – Trading Technologies galore! Plus great news updates and phenomenal twitter companion.
- @brianstutland – CNBC contributor & Chicago All-star.
- @INvestResolve – Adaptive strategies designed to thrive in changing environments.
- @trevornoren – Senior Managing Director for 13D Global Research & Stragegy
- @Mi2Thoughts – Twitter profile from one of our favorite blogs “Thoughts from the Divide”
- @HayekAndKeynes – Business Insider’s top 125 on FinTwit. In our Top 20.
- @SqueezeMetrics – Dark pools, options, and volatility. Plus a killer profile photo.
- @CliffordAsness – Managing/Founding Principal of AQR Capital Management.
- @JaffrayW – “Beware unnecessary complexity”…..in the best way possible.
- @ArturSepp – Quant strategist/manager with some topTwitter skills.
- @ReformedBroker – Josh Brown – former broker turned Twitter Comedian & alt’s commentary superstar.
- @Covel – Michael Covel – President and Founder of Trend Following firm—Best Selling Author.
- @JBoorman — Jon Boorman, CMT – Avid Tweeter. Calls markets like they are. Believer in Trend Following. Enough said.
- @EpsilonTheory – Ben Hunt – examines markets through the lenses of game theory and history.
- @nntaleb — Nassim N. Taleb – Author & Developer of Black Swan Theory.
- @jackschwager — Jack Schwager – Co founder of FundSeeder.com.
- @MebFaber – Author, Founder & CIO Cambria Funds, and launched an ETF.
- @JohnFMauldin – Strong belief in educating investors as to what drives the global economy.
- @PeterLBrandt – Been in the Biz since 1976. Considered one of the greats when it comes to classic trading books. Included in the Top 30 most influential people in finance by Barry Ritholtz. Runs a blog. We could all learn a thing or two from him.
- @mark_dow – Runs the Behavioral Macro Blog — Hedge Fund Manager.
- @FatF1nger – Provides some interesting commentary and charts on the futures markets.
- @David_Stendahl — Focuses on trading the global futures markets from a 100% systematic perspective.
- @pointsnfigures –Jeffrey Carter – Former Trader – Interesting Commentary.
- @JLyonsFundMgmt – Dana Lyons – New Yahoo! Contributor — RIA and founder of My401kPro.com.
- @BrianStutland – CNBC contributor to Futures Now and Options Action. Investment Advisor and creator of Equity Armor Investments VOL365 Index.
- @JoeATiger – Investment advisor on the Equity Armor Fund & real-time VIX events tweeter.
- @JasonMutiny – Jason Buck – advisor on Mutiny Fund and Alts tweeter extraordinaire.
Ag & Commodity
- @PlattsOil– Everything you ever wanted to know (and then some) about the energy markets.
- @USDA – Of course, the Department of Agriculture.
- @ReutersAg – Top tweets straight from Reuters journalists.
- @TopThird – Top Third Ag, great ag commentary, even better use of GIFs.
- @AgsPlayers – Commentary on futures, options, physical markets, weather, news, grain, and agricultural commodities.
- @CMEGroup – World’s most diverse financial marketplace made up of CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX, and KCBT.
- @CBOE – Defining markets to benefit all participants through product innovation, leading edge tech, and seamless trading solutions.
- @ICE_Markets – Tweeting market insights about our asset classes: Energy, fixed income, interest rates, agriculture, forex, equities derivatives, credit, and metals.
- @LME_news – London metal exchange providing news updates on industrial metals trading and price-risk management.
- @RampCapital – A little a funny, a little brash, but always entertaining.
- @StockCats – Market satire with a heavy dose of cat memes.
- @Wu_Tang_Financial – Derivative investment commentary – and named after THE top 90’s rap group. Holllllaaaa for that combo.
- @OddStats – Looking for a bunch of random stats to satiate your need for math (& pop culture)? They’ve got them.
- @litcapital – Condescending brokers have met their match.
- @TerribleMaps – Terrible maps with a pinch of humor.
- @NFA_News – the NFA, but Twitter.
- @CFTC – Oversees the U.S. derivatives markets.
- @MFAUpdates – Leading voice of the global alternative investments industry.
- @theniba – National Introducing Brokers Association.
- @CAIAAssociation – Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association.
- @Trading_Tech – Trading Technologies.
- @jameskoutoulas – CEO of Typhon Capital & Advisor for Basis Protocol. He has “past performance is not indicative of future returns” in his bio, so you know it’s the real deal.
- @JohnLRoe – Commodity Customer Coalition co-founder, BTR Trading Group Partner, and ROE Capital founder.
- @opalesque – Leading news service on hedge funds and alternative investments.
- @FuturesTradeMag – Leading active trader magazine since 1972.
- @FINalternatives – premier, independent source for news on hedge funds, private equity, and alternative investments.
- @JLNMF—Coverage of the Commodity Trading Advisor and fund manager space.
- @JohnLothian – Man behind @MarketsWiki, @MarketsReform, and @JohnLothianNews.
- @CTAIntelligence – Business intelligence and news resource for CTAs and the global managed futures industry.
- @AllAboutAlpha – Twitter source for the CAIA Association.
- @gate39media – Marketing and tech source for financial services firms.
- @AttainCap2 – Jeff Malec – Managing Director and Principal
- @Eizenbergj — Jeff Eizenberg — Director of Portfolio Management & Director at RCM Ag Services
- @Cummingsjohnb — John Cummings — Director of Business Development — (Be on the lookout for tweets about Dayton University Basketball)
- @bradbardmatthew –Matthew Bradbard– Director & China Consulting